Com programs and TCP/IP

Last night was my first chance to play a TCP/IP game and I ran into something very surprising (at least it was to me). We were using Roger Wilco to set the game up and when I went into the game my opponent was guiding me through the set up when it struck me that I was inside the game but I could still hear him and talk back. I could even hear the game sounds at the same time (engines running, etc). When he entered the game I could still hear him but, as usual, when he entered the game he could no longer hear me. Our systems are the same, we have the same sound card, the same version of the driver, same version of the game (Public Beta ver.1.1b24)and the same version of Roger Wilco (Mk 1c)so my questions are...why would the com program work for me but not him? Is the com program supposed to work in the game? Is anyone else able to use coms in the game?

After checking through all these variables we decided to try a different com program so we went to Battlecom with the same results, worked for me, not for him. It works for me through all parts of the game, I could hear him while all the different game sounds were going on, guns firing, men yelling, etc. In both cases I was the one who was hosting the com program but I'm not sure if that would make a difference. As it stands now he talks and I have to type in the answers! Goofy

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

OK, we tried it again this evening with my opponent setting up the com channel with the same results, I can hear him IN the game but he can't hear me. I am the one who is hosting the TCP/IP connection. Any ideas?

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

[This message has been edited by Goofy (edited 12-27-2000).]

Hi all,

I was Goofy's opponett in trying to get Roger Wilco to work. We'll try Manta's idea. But has anybody, got a comm program to work with CM.

Dave

------------------

My front is pushed back.My right gives way.Situation Excellent! I am attacking!

Ferdinand Foch 1916

Guest MantaRay

Almost forgot. I am not sure, but also in the RW ini file ( not sure what it is called, been a while) you may be able to insert this line in it:

CMBO 3000

Not sure if it will help, as I am not sure if CM is supported, but I don't see why CM wouldnt work. Sometime RW is just a bit screwey.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder