Choice in video prefs with Viper II & Monster II

Hello everyone:

I first want to say that the Gold demo looks great! I only had a few minutes this morning to download and install before leaving for work.

My question is (of course I only tried a couple times) if I have a choice in saying "No" to the Monster II video prompt and thereby forcing the game to offer 3D from my preferred Viper II Ultra card. The prompts don't give you much time to ponder what it is asking before moving on to the next question.

I did manage enough time to figure that if you delete the "prefs" file and restart, it would probably go through the whole process again; however, it did not seem to go through both 800x600 and 640x480 like the first time around.

Am I going to have to remove the Glide Monster II card to force it to use the Direct3D TNT Ultra?

Or is there a workaround I just didn't have time to stumble into? HELP!

Many thanks ahead of time!

Paul

[This message has been edited by Gromit (edited 05-10-2000).]

Not sure if this will work, but if you right click on desktop and go into display setting, card - you should be able to set which one is the preferred one.

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I did manage enough time to figure that if you delete the "prefs" file and restart, it would probably go through the whole process again; however, it did not seem to go through both 800x600 and 640x480 like the first time around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you're correct - CM should start again "fresh" when you delete the "prefs" file. Try it again, just after a full system reboot. I'm not sure why it would have skipped some steps that other time.

Charles

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I did manage enough time to figure that if you delete the "prefs" file and restart, it would probably go through the whole process again; however, it did not seem to go through both 800x600 and 640x480 like the first time around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you're correct - CM should start again "fresh" when you delete the "prefs" file. Try it again, just after a full system reboot. I'm not sure why it would have skipped some steps that other time.

Charles

Guest Big Time Software

Charles

Guest Big Time Software

Charles

Guest Big Time Software

Charles

Guest Big Time Software

Charles

Thanks Charles-

Actually, I went home for lunch and discovered the answer for people who have both a Direct3D card (e.g., TNT2) and a 3DFX II (Monster II) on their machine.

CoolColJ was very close to the solution:

You need to open up your preferences in Windows by right-clicking- in my case, go to the Monster II Tab and then click Advanced.

Under Direct3D at the top you need to check the box to "Disable 3DFX Direct3d Support".

What was happening was the 3dFX card was set to 640x480 (for Final Fantasy VII) and because I had never checked this box, CM probably found it as the "default". This never happened with the Beta Demo BTW, but, I'm happy as a clam with hi-res now!

Thanks,

Paul