Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Rarity Factor on Purchase Points

To use an idea from ASL; why can't purchase points for tanks and guns be scaled by a rarity factor. This factor can change from month to month and will make the purchase of uber-tanks and 120mm+ Artillery a little (to a lot) more expensive.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TwoSheds:

To use an idea from ASL; why can't purchase points for tanks and guns be scaled by a rarity factor. This factor can change from month to month and will make the purchase of uber-tanks and 120mm+ Artillery a little (to a lot) more expensive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I'm sure someones gonna politely tell you, yet; do a search on this subject wink.gif was a hot topic a while back.

Regards, John Waters

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-06-2000).]

Although I agree that the best units in the game are too cheap compaired to their more "workhorse" counterparts, rarity factors could make force selection a real chore if it wasn't done right. I wouldn't want something where you couldn't pick a Tiger I unless you already had 4 Mark IVs for example. Maybe if there was a certain number of extra points that were tacked onto the base price based on the units historical availability.

Personally, though, I'd be plenty happy if they just did an across the board reavaluation of the cost for the heavy hitter units in the game (armor, inf., and arty). Raising their costs to more accuratly reflect their impact on the battlefield would be the simplest way to solve the problem without even having to get into rarity factors.

Problem is, not everyone wants to play a historical game, esp. in quick battles.

Of course then everyone ends up with paratroopers and heavy armour.

Maybe this could be a choice when we start a QB, historical vs. slugfest or something. Before we get to purchase our units. The choice would be offered once, locking both players into either mode.