1.02 update for GROG interface!!! Site greatly expanded!!!

Sorry, Madmatt, I couldn't resist with the exclamation marks!! Oh no!! Help!! It's out of control!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Spock, I needed that. OK, a lot of news, here we go.

1) I have moved back to the old URL again. Although I loved the statistics I got with Ifrance, I just can't bear that #!&@! banner at the bottom. So the address is once again

http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

2) I have released a 1.02 update for the GROG interface. I put the wrong HQ bonus icons (stealth, command, etc.) in the original release. They are supposed to blend into the background, now they do. There are tiny modifications to the special equipment icons as well. 6k. At my site.

3) Madmatt has kindly allowed me to become a proud member of the Combat Mission Webring. He is also going to link to my page from a couple areas on his site. Thanks Madmatt!! Oh no!!! It's baaaack!!!!

4) I guess the biggest news is that I'm adding a lot more content to my site. The new section will be for absolute beginners, people who (like me) thought wargames sucked until CM came along. People who have never played a wargame in their lives, but dig the depth of gameplay CM has. Already up is an "Introduction to CM", a "Brief History of Wargames" section, and a "Quick 'n Dirty Newbie Unit Guide" with only the most basic information about the units to help that newbie get the most out of CM right away. To come is the Tactics Guide, the Basic Principles of Warfare section, and a Tips and Tricks section (which will be culled from this very board). The concept is that if an absolute newbie should ask some newbie question here, ideally you would be able to direct him to my site where he could find a simple, quick answer, and maybe some other interesting stuff as well.

(edited part) Oh yeah!! I forgot!! If anyone wants to write an article that could fit into one of the above categories, by all means, have at it. Mail it to me, and if it... ahem, meets my high standards, ahem smile.gif I will find a place for it on my site.

There is one more section I will put up, but mum's the word for now as it promises to be quite interesting indeed.

OK folks, please. If you find something totally inaccurate on my site... it's normal, it's me who is running it. smile.gif Please, do not flame me here. Mail me privately at:

deanco@cybercable.fr

and I will fix it. Thanks. Bye all!!

DeanCo--

[This message has been edited by deanco (edited 10-17-2000).]

Well since we are already boosting hits i might as well post some info on the new on MiNa's CMBO:

1: News letter. Will be sent out to inform about page updates and also about general CM news. This is a place for all you webmasters out there to spread the word about your new hot update to more Cm players.

2: FAQ: So far containing 10 questions but it will be improved further quite soon. Feel free to drop your own questions to me.

3: Another hot update. I will not say anything more right now other than that it might be quite useful for all you scenario designers : )

Also some general updates throughout the page so stop by and have fun : )

------------------

< All gave some, some gave ALL>

Owner of MiNa's CMBO Page

http://www.combat-mission.com