Settings screen resolution

Is it possible to get a higher resolution than 640x480

in CM? I am currently running 640x480 on my 500 Mhz PIII, with an ATI Rage Mobility 8Mb card under Windows 2000. Accelerated DirectX support does not seem to work. No surprises there.

What happens is that I get a few questions about 640x480 resolution at different refresh rates, and if I skip them eventually I get a Direct 3D error. My question is this: Could I bypass the Direct 3D error and start going through higher resolutions instead? Given the speed with which the game runs in software mode, it should at least run nicely in 800x600 instead of 640 x 480.

If this is at all possible, could someone send a configuration file where a higher resolution without accelerated 3D support is set?

Yes, I have tried a total of 8 different drivers, but I think something has broken my D3D accelerated support, since it work once, a long time ago. Before CM that is. Of course I could reinstall the whole thing, but I would like to try other options first. And yes, I must run W2k since I also use this machine for work duties.

larso...

you are deleting the combat mission pref file after each change aren't you???

seems to me that you have to or CM goes weasly

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 08-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 08-21-2000).]

Hi larso,

delete the combat mission byond over prefs file

Change your desktop resolution to what you wish to see CM in

start CM

say accept

Go back to your desktop and put it back the way it was. Now CM will always start in your chosen resolution.

Apparently some older video cards can only go up to certain resolutions. OTT, hope this helps.

DeanCo--

Yes, I have deleted the config file, and

my resolution has always been 1024x768, but

I still only get the option of 640x480.

Maybe if someone could post a config file

which supports that resolution, I could

try it.

Guest Madmatt

You say you are not getting any DirectX acceleration to work?!? Well than if thats true then you are stuck in 640x480 as that is the Software rendering mode.

You need to get some updated W2K DirectX and Video drivers for your box mate otherwise all this config file manipulation aint gonna do you a spit of difference.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-21-2000).]

I have the same problem on my G3. The game comes in at 6x8. When I hit escape during the game, the desktop is also at 6x8 (very annoying) If I change the setting to something larger than, yes the resolution is better, but the game only appears in a small box on the top left of my screen.

I've removed the prefs file and reinstalled the game. I never had any problem like this on my G4 at work.

Any suggestions from you Mac users?