Soviet Field Manuals

Guest Pillar

I'm looking for Soviet Field Manuals.

If anyone can help me find them, or provide a link, please let me know.

Thanks very much.

- Pillar

The Nafzigar Collection has reprinted at least one WWII Soviet field manual "Soviet Armoured Tactics in WWII". In addition they have reprinted "Soviet Tactical Doctrine in WWII (actually a reprint of portions of the US ARMY TM-30-340 Handbook on the Soviet Army in WWII). Both are around $20.00.

http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/books.html

You might enquire at the Russian Military Zone as well.

I can't read Russian unfortunately.

I'm also interested in their modern Field Manuals. Something along the lines of a Russian 7-8 would be great reading.

Thanks for the references so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

I can't read Russian unfortunately.

I'm also interested in their modern Field Manuals. Something along the lines of a Russian 7-8 would be great reading.

Thanks for the references so far.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, some of those can still get you sentenced to Lefortovo for trying to sneak out. smile.gif

Pillar wrote:

I'm looking for Soviet Field Manuals.

If anyone can help me find them, or provide a link, please let me know.

This won't help you, but it might help someone else with the same problem. The library of Finnish military academy has a whole shelf-full of Soviet field manuals. Some were translated from captured Russian documents while others were originally printed for Finnish-speaking population of East Karelia in 1930's.

- Tommi

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gregory Deych:

Slapdragon,

I would be more then interested in anything your friend might be able unearth. Please contact me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greg,

You tell me by e-mail what you are interested in, and I will ask him to do a library search or to look through surplus stores. All of it is in Russian though. You pay whatever costs are associated (not much if it is just a few manuals I am sure) and I will see what we can do. No guarantees of course, but possible. He has brought back neat stuff for me in the past (nothing modern like I said.).