So what happened to the UK chapter's topic?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Londoner:

LOL, Owen, nice idea m8, n Germanboy yes, tis a shame the "bubblegum chewers" didn't listen 2 the British General Staff more smile.gifwould've been far less GI's in body bags if they did. BTW Germanboy, do u know why your ladz pesisted with that crazy counter attack doctrine? Wiped u out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the diary of Maj.-Gen. 'Bubbles' Barker, GOC 49th 'West Riding' Inf. Div.:

19 Nov 1944. The war seems to be going quite well on all fronts. I fear the Yanks do it with undue casualties. They simply don't know how to use their artillery. [...]

Gotta love the English.

And the counter-attacks, that was only to make it easy on you - a bit like putting a Russian assistant referee in charge of a World Cup game, if you get me drift.

Mr. Peng, I got you there, didn't I?

Please note that all smilies on this iMac were eradicated by death squads.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owen:

what is you've got with Real Majorca German boy, England have never played them. Remember Germanboy, two World Wars and World Cup!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, old boy, our side did and won, maybe you should reread the post, I was actually making a snide remark about them and not your team.

So two World Wars thanks to the US and Russia, and a World Cup thanks to the Russian Linesman. Oh well, I see why you are so proud...

And today England was 60 for 4 against Zimbabwe, the foremost nation in Cricket. Well done, I say. Cup of tea anyone?

Please note that all smilies on this iMac have gone and joined the Arthur Scargill brigade, refusing to work for me.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owen:

two World Wars and World Cup!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it wasn't for that little directional mix-up at Dunkirk, the second might not have counted as a World War, what? tongue.gif (smiley included as general irritant)

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 06-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

It's always fun to remind our American friends that their first president was actually an Englishman...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but he kicked some British arse to become American. tongue.giftongue.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Yes, if it wasn't for the "young" nation of the United States, Britian would be speaking German now. Zeig Hail, anyone? Geez, for such an "old" nation, you'd think you'd get a little better in warfare by now. We are really tired of bailing you "Englishmen" out of a jam.

Speaking of a jam. French/English/Belgium forces slugged it out in the trenches for years in WWI. The US showed up and the War was over in less than a year.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

....get a little better in warfare by now. We are really tired of bailing you "Englishmen" out of a jam.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Max,

Be a good little chap and pay attention. Yor gramer is krap.

Re-write your post to include the following corrections.

1. '... a little better at warfare' not 'a little better in warfare'.

2. 'We are really tired of bailing...' should be 'We really are tired of bailing...'

------------------

Dulce Et Decorum Est

LOL, speakin German? never m8, remember Operation Sealion? They tried their best tho. smile.gif Wasn't an American (or Russian for that matter) 2 be seen. Facing the full might of the German war machine, this brave isle saw its finest hour. smile.gif

N Max smile.gif, talkin of jams, WW1 saw another very funny 1. U boyz got conned into buyin that AWFUL French MG. U bought thousands of em n they ALL jammed within 50 odd rounds LOL. They saw u comin a mile off m8 smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Londoner (edited 06-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Londoner:

NE1 remember the name of that MG?

.....LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chauchat. We bought 16,000 of 'em (you bought 'em, too). And they look a lot worse now than they did in WWI trench warfare.

Didn't we sell you a few Lewis guns after that? Well, it's not really a sale unless it's paid for, so ya got us there. And a yank name of Maxim helped the old empire maintain cyclic rates when it was Fuzzy-Wuzzies from here to the horizon, too, IIRC. tongue.gif