Another CM2 question

Will the fact that most Soviet Tanks didn't carry radios be simulated? How will this be simulated? My limited imagination down the game design line, can't imagine a way to do this while still sticking with the basic CM structure.

A good question.

One possibility to simulate their lack of radios is to penalize them with an additional delay time. Making all russian tankers Conscripts or Green is not a sounding solution, specialy for QBs.

Again I won only the silver medal. 'tis is strange: The third post in three days were I was beaten by one minute.

[This message has been edited by Schugger (edited 09-30-2000).]

Ok, found the link! biggrin.gif

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/009067.html

Unfortunately, BTS did not reply although many good ideas were offered. It could be they are not sure what to do about this themselves, and when the original thread was posted they paid it no mind since they were still patching CM.

Hope they give us some sort of answer now.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 09-30-2000).]

Me thinks the easiest solution to this would be to add a automatic command delay penalty to all Soviet tanks. Say an automatic 10 second delay?

Should be easy enough to implement in the code, wouldn't you think?

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

Guest Michael emrys

A consistent 10 second delay doesn't sound quite right to me somehow. Right now I'm thinking more along the lines of a variable delay of up to a full turn. Might be good to make the duration dependent on such factors as distance from the leader, visibility, whether the tank is already busy (being shot at, etc.), whether it is buttoned up, and so forth.

It would be REALLY great if someone could come up with a précis of Soviet tank tactics with reference to how they handled C&C, especially what procedures they had for dealing with the loss of the platoon or other leaders. I expect in preactice that varied a lot from formation to formation.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schugger:

A good question.

One possibility to simulate their lack of radios is to penalize them with an additional delay time. Making all russian tankers Conscripts or Green is not a sounding solution, specialy for QBs.

Again I won only the silver medal. 'tis is strange: The third post in three days were I was beaten by one minute.

[This message has been edited by Schugger (edited 09-30-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, don't feel bad about the silver medal thing, us Australians are bloody used to it, believe me! smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.