A Question for Steve, Charles and Matt!

Smack

All of you have put in lots of hours on the devolepment and marketing of CM. You guys still put in many many hours im sure! But do you guys still play Combat Mission? Or do you just love making it....

Just a thought...

P.S You have all done a great job with CM, Both devoloping and marketing it! Way To Go!

I try and play but with making POTDs, screenshots for mods, beta testing and now my new BF.C duties, its a little hard to get much *game* time in. It is safe to say that not a day goes by that I don't load it up though.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Ahhhh Matt! Makes the game.... loves the game.... adds to the game..... AND plays the game!!!

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... Matt, we forgot to tell you ONE thing before we hired you...

There is an old saying in the games industry:

"Once you start making games you no longer have the time to play them"

Having done this for 7 years now I can say this is quite true. Sure, you get less hectic periods, but by and large I play less hours of computer games than before I started making them.

BTW, Charles and I have never played against each other. In fact, I am not sure Charles has even played a full PBEM game with anybody! I am only up to my 4th one, 3 of which were in the last 3 weeks smile.gif

So, the moral of this story is; if you like to play games, do get a job making them biggrin.gif

Steve

Umm, I think he meant DON'T get a job making them. wink.gif

About that Steve and Charles never playing each other thing. Some day in some way...I WILL MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!!! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

I honestly think that this is not a good idea. Assuming that, for example, Charles wins and this is published to the community, it will doubtlessly force Steve to ask for a rematch. We are talking about world domination here and a defeat is simply unbearable. This will lead to countless rematches, revanches, bloodfeuds, etc resulting in no CM sequel will be ever made. The horror!

A further point is, that it is absolutly unnecessary as Charles is surly the better player...

( Plopp! Schugger disappers in a cloud of sulphur)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

A further point is, that it is absolutly unnecessary as Charles is surly the better player...

( Plopp! Schugger disappers in a cloud of sulphur)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now now, Charles is a bit disturbed at times, but I do not think he is surley!!! Unless he is trying to figure out how to model the Hamstertruppen.

------------------

-----------------------------------------

Submit your article to: www.slapdragon.org/midnight

----------------------------------------