forces would have considered acceptable

losses for the battles depicted in CM?

I'm wondering because I've had Minor and

Major victories where the winning side was

in really rough shape!

...Dalton

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Dalton,

We totally redid the victory thresholds for exactly that reason. The ones in the Beta Demo were just picked off the tops of our heads but testing clearly showed that they were far too low. For example, a Major Victory in the Beta Demo might be a Minor Victory in the final thing.

As for the numbers in real war... tough to say. It really depended on what the battle was all about. 50% losses to hold a crucial objective might be acceptable while 50% to hold a meaningless one totally unacceptable.

Steve

Guest Schuggerbaby

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Hi Dalton,

We totally redid the victory thresholds for exactly that reason. The ones in the Beta Demo were just picked off the tops of our heads but testing clearly showed that they were far too low. For example, a Major Victory in the Beta Demo might be a Minor Victory in the final thing.

As for the numbers in real war... tough to say. It really depended on what the battle was all about. 50% losses to hold a crucial objective might be acceptable while 50% to hold a meaningless one totally unacceptable.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope so! Did "Riesberg" yesterday with the germans and the allies blow my forces into oblivion! In the after action report i found out that losses were almost equal on both sides but the allies have far more able men remaining. Despite i hold just three objektives i won a major victory, which seems very curious for me.

Schuggerbaby