New One Coming

Putting one up today that seems to do well in PBEM on the Game Depot at TGN-CMHQ

http://combathq.thegamers.net

Did anyone play Periers - Roaring to the Rescue? Did you get the wounded Germans out of the clutches of the evil Amis?

Well this one is a little more serious. Based on a historical event when a group of US Rangers infiltrated behind German lines to capture retreating enemy soldiers.

General Gerow became concerned about their welfare and decided to send a tank column to reinforce them at a crossroads near Zerf.

It became quite an adventure for the Rangers and the Relievers wink.gif

You've got a fight on your hands. I'll upload it soon as I finish here and I am sure Madmatt will put it into the Depot today.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

This is slightly off topic, but I wanted to commend you for the Saving Private Ryan Scenario.

Aside from the tutorial, that was the first battle I played when I got my copy of CM. I was so enthralled by it that I played a half dozen more times before trying something else.

It did an awesome job of recreating the final battle of Private Ryan, only this time I got a chance to change the ending.

My only gripe, (and this is probably cause I was a newbie to CM) I was never able to find an effective use for Pvt. Jackson the sharpshooter. But I'll keep trying.

Thanks again, and keep the scenarios coming!

Thanks Owl! That means a lot to me. Like you, I've played it twenty times at least, not because I had to, but I wanted to. Its one that...I don't know, if you loved the movie, the scenario has a great appeal.

They are coming, buddy. This one today, hopefully an operatio next week and more as divine will permits.

I put Jackson in the church tower in support of the MG. He got a few good rounds, including the crew of the 20 mil.

I would love for him to wave his arm signalling to Captain Miller below. I'll have to imagine that one. biggrin.gif

I thank you again for sharing this with me!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 07-28-2000).]

I've gotta agree with Owl on the Private Ryan scenario. I had downloaded it prior to even receiving my full copy of CM. That was in due, in part, to my affection for the movie...as well as a very high regard for Wild Bill Wilder's work.

I played SPR 3 times before I even looked at the scenarios included on the disk!

Great stuff WB. I'll be heading over to CMHQ now to download your latest masterpiece...

Noncom

My kudos to you as well!!! Before i even got on this forumn and had gotten my copy of the demo.. I said to mayself: Damn!!! Im gonna make me a battle from the final battle in SPR.. Of course I got on the CM HQ site and saw it there and was overjoyed... The aerial action took me by total surprise!! biggrin.gif lookin forward to more in the future.. keep it up.

Zaff'

Guest SS Peiper

Hey Wild Bill this is a little OT but did you ever see the movie the Bridge about a bunch of Hitler Youth who hold a bridge against Americans near the end of the war? Great set up for a scenario. wink.gif

SS Peiper

Guest SS Peiper

Hey Wild Bill this is a little OT but did you ever see the movie "the Bridge" about a bunch of Hitler Youth who hold a bridge against Americans near the end of the war? Great set up for a scenario. wink.gif

SS Peiper

Sorry for the double post

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 07-28-2000).]