Lonely war of Willie Schultz

do anyone know about this old comic book called Lonely war of Willie Schultz? Ive been trying to find it, cant find it in the web. I remember few years ago, it was mentioned about putting all of the issues into paperback. Its about a world war 2 about americans and german soldiers.

If anyone has info about it...let me know please.

Thanks, Panzerwolfy

It was in issue 76 (Oct 67) to 91 (May 70) of Charlton Comic "Fightn' ARMY".

Willie, the son of German immigrants, speaks perfect German. He is the CO of a tank company in North Africa when he is falsely accused and convicted of murdering his battalion CO. A mine kills his guards and he escapes into the desert where he changes clothes with a dead German. He hides out in the German Army. He of course never actually kills any Allied solders.

The action eventually moves to Italy and Willie joins Italian Partisans.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzerwolfy:

Sorry, I left some out, I meant Im looking for it to buy it. Either issues or paperback. I dont know if this paperback is in hard or soft cover.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, dare I say it? Do a web search. rolleyes.gif

www.tcomics.com has #76 vg+ $3.00 www.tresuresofyouth.com has #81 $2.00

There may be more, I got tired of looking.

My heart is broken I had been counting on them for my retirement.

I do have doubles of 78, 80, 83, 85, 86,

88, 90 & 91. Email me if interested.

I have no knowledge of any reprints.

For a slight CM tie in issue 90 has Willie taking out a MkIV with a grenade bundle to immoblise and a molitov to kill.

I should hate you, it's been 15 or more years since I looked at this stuff, now I'll have to read them all again.

------------------

Hiya Fellas!