Question on POTD..

Thanks!

hmmm, that little trailer sure looks like a big "kick-me" sign...especially when you know it's signifigance...

hot dogs anyone??

or marshmellows??

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pathfinder:

One of the Shermans "on parade" has a little trailer behind it...

bass boat ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's the famous M4A69 "Bubba" Sherman beloved of National Guard Armored units from States south of the Mason-Dixon line. With the attached bass boat and special Barcalounger commander's station it was one of the most effective ARVs (armored recreation vehicles) of the war. Three wet storage coolers in the floor each carried 5x6-packs of Miller High Life at a specified temperature of 42 degrees Fahrenheit (The British version of the M4A69, the "Offy", lacked the temperature control). The most popular modification was the M35 battered couch welded to the back deck; by 1945, this modification included a M240 old fridge. Post-war modifications included the AV13 color television (usually stacked in the TC's cupola on top of another, non-functioning AV13). The attached MB99 bass-boat mounted a ME1204A electronic fish finder.

Ammo loadout included:

-- 90 x 12 oz. Miller High Life (Aluminum Casing)

-- 60 x Cor-bon "Deer-slayer" 12 gauge buckshot

-- 40 x Morton 12 gauge rock-salt AP rounds(the famous "Getouttamyyard" round much feared by German infantry)

reference: Sgt. J. Foxworthy, "Leather Helmets and Red Necks: Bubba at War" (Siler City, NC: Yeehaw Press, 1973)

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Hakko...

Where did you hear about Siler City, other than "Mayberry, RFD" or "The Andy Griffith Show"??

A very curious former resident of Siler City's cross-county high school sports rivals..

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pathfinder:

Hakko...

Where did you hear about Siler City, other than "Mayberry, RFD" or "The Andy Griffith Show"??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live in the Triangle, so it's just down the road a piece from my front porch.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 06-11-2000).]

Eathan, classic, just classic. Tears running down my face. Don't you just know it would be hell to get one of them suckers up on blocks though?

Joe

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

hehe, Haikko

ah used ta live in a little town called Pittsboro, graduated from Northwood HS way abck in 1971

also lived in Raleigh for a while after graduating from college

small world eh?

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 06-11-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrD:

Any chance of some kind of legend identifying all the models in the picture?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A chance? Sure NONE! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

p.s. I don't even know what they are all, I just smushed um all together to take the picture! wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing