Tiger`s

Does anybody here think the Tiger`s are prettie easy sometimes to knockout?-using the Pershing.-the exepierience level they are at.Ive knockout Kingtigers many of times with M4Shermans of course with rearend shots.Those little burgers are fast.It seems the Tiger&The late Tiger should be alot tougher.King Tiger is about rite.The Pershing was biult during the late war right?To counter Germany`s Heavy Tank`s is this Correct?

Guest Silesian-jaeger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lipperd98:

Does anybody here think the Tiger`s are prettie easy sometimes to knockout?-using the Pershing.-the exepierience level they are at.Ive knockout Kingtigers many of times with M4Shermans of course with rearend shots.Those little burgers are fast.It seems the Tiger&The late Tiger should be alot tougher.King Tiger is about rite.The Pershing was biult during the late war right?To counter Germany`s Heavy Tank`s is this Correct?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many Tiger IIs were rushed into production. As a result they were built w/ inferior metals and were particularly weak at the joints. Try a search. Someone posted a nice article on this site about the Tiger II armour being tested by the Russians.

The Pershings were, AFAIK, developed specifically to destroy the German heavies. So it doesn't really seem too surprising that they do wink.gif

When you say "It seems the Tiger and the late Tiger should be a lot tougher," are you basing that on actual historical data, or on the "Tigers are cool" factor?

Edited for spelling

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 10-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silesian-jaeger:

Many Tiger IIs were rushed into production. As a result they were built w/ inferior metals and were particularly weak at the joints. Try a search. Someone posted a nice article on this site about the Tiger II armour being tested by the Russians.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that post now I belived it had Pics If I`m correct?

In reality and in the game almost any tank could knock out any other tank with the right combination of luck and poor tactical handling. Several PBEM games ago, against a player I will never play again, I got an A/Kill on his King Tiger which he had parked stupidly on the top of a hill. I did it by having a Priest, an M8 HMC, and two Sherman 75s duck in and out of cover, taking advantage of the slow KT turret speed. In 3 turns and 28 shots I A- Killed the beast. The players response was,

"No fair -- nothing should be able to take out a King Tiger."

Well -- nothing should be able to take out a well handled King Tiger, and your Tiger could rule the board, but run it forward and a Hellcat will take you in the side, while a close assault will imob it and eventually kill it. Most "lets make German tanks better" threads start out with a "feeling" that they should be invincible.

------------------

-----------------------------------------

Combat Mission does not use "penetration tables" or charts to determine armor penetration. Instead it uses the mathematical equations described in "Penetration of Armour Plate" originally by (British) Ordnance Board Subcommittee of the Armour Piercing Projectile Committee (reproduced by U.S. Dept. of Commerce National Technical Information Service #PB91127506). -- Charles

----------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

In reality and in the game almost any tank could knock out any other tank with the right combination of luck and poor tactical handling. Several PBEM games ago, against a player I will never play again, I got an A/Kill on his King Tiger which he had parked stupidly on the top of a hill. I did it by having a Priest, an M8 HMC, and two Sherman 75s duck in and out of cover, taking advantage of the slow KT turret speed. In 3 turns and 28 shots I A- Killed the beast. The players response was,

"No fair -- nothing should be able to take out a King Tiger."

Well -- nothing should be able to take out a well handled King Tiger, and your Tiger could rule the board, but run it forward and a Hellcat will take you in the side, while a close assault will imob it and eventually kill it. Most "lets make German tanks better" threads start out with a "feeling" that they should be invincible.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said no fair huh?Wow!You never silouehtte your vechiles on a hilltop biggrin.gif