Two Player Game Password

HellDevil

Hey Guys I need a little clarification. What is the purpose of the password on a two player game when playing two players on one computer. I can look at the opponent's postion and orders without having to enter the password that was selected for the opponent side. I'm sure that the password's use is to keep sneaky opponents from peeking at my position but is this only relevant for network games?? :confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Stewart

Stewart,

Hmmm? I have not played a two player game but I have messed around with it to see how it works just in case I wanted to play a two player game.

If fog of war is turned on, I believe it can not be turned off by one player without entering the oppossing players password. During the blue orders phase, only blue and spotted red units appear, during the red order phase, only red and spotted blue units appear. During the combat phase, only spotted units appear. If I remember correctly (it has been a while), there are menu selections to toggle from one phase to the next somthing along the following: issue blue orders [all blue and spotted red units appear], complete blue orders [all units dissappear], issues red orders [all red and spotted blue units appear], complete red orders [all units dissappear], begin combat [only blue and red spotted units appear and combat proceeds].

I would imagine that the opposing player would step out of the room for refreshments while orders are being issued.

Randy

The password feature is disabled when you are in "two players on one computer" mode - once both passwords have been provided. This change was made in a recent update.

The "two players on one computer" mode is seldom used for playing an actual "two players on one computer" game. Instead it is typically used for scenario editing and numerous users complained about having to enter the passsword every time that they switched between force colors.

The password feature should still work as expected for all other modes.

P.S. The "two players on one computer" mode will probably disappear completely on the road to TacOps v5 - to be replaced by a scenario creation/editing mode.

[ January 14, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: MajorH ]