GRID vs NO GRID conflict resolved with blood

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Just an update here folks. Through extensive playtesting and study, SS Panzerleader and I have solved the whole grid-no grid debate. Which is better? Does grid give an advantage? Is grid gamey? What the hell is a glider squad?

Well, all of these questions, and many more have been answered through our hard work.

"No Grid" has prevailed. SS Panzerleader worked feverishly to defend the honor of grid, but it was to no avail.

We played a DYO, with plenty of hills and easily contoured terrain. I played Axis, without grid, and SSPL took Canadian with grid.

I have to say in all honesty that SSPL was the better player on all counts. His tactics were clever, execution flawless, and taunts devastatingly venomous. But in the end, he was hamstrung by the lack of focus caused by lines all over his screen. Although it was a close contest, he never had a chance with those line thingies.

My tactics were flawed, execution worse, and taunts bordering on "I know you are but what am I?". I had resigned myself to defeat and humiliation when suddenly the sheer weight of CM's immersiveness swept over me. Unobstructed by those grid lines, I felt as if I was truly there, and in a couple key turns, I managed to turn the tide of battle.

I hope this has shed some light on the subject for all of you. I am relieved to have this whole matter settled now, giving us more time to debate more important things, like how people can somehow think they are cool cause they preordered before there was even a beta demo eta, and have been sitting beside a tiger poster for all of this time reading books by Guderian and Clausewitz... (is my jealousy showing through?)

Guest *Captain Foobar*

long story......its actually a little game I play. Whenever someones asks why I spelled it wrong, I start stalking them.... (bwuuhaahahahaha)