1.05 aar's

HMHQ, of course. Try Fionn's open terrain one.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Oops, sorry about the misinformation.

I think what Pike is trying to say is: To play a 1.03 aar, take the Combat Mission .exe file from the CM cd, and put it in the CM folder on your hard drive. Take the 1.05 exe out, and put it in a different folder for the time being. When your'e done with the AAR, put the 1.05 exe back, removing the 1.03 exe. All your mods should be the same. Hope this helps.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Thanks for the clarification. This assumes that you have one of the later pressings of the game CD. The original was ? (not quite sure here, either 1.0 or 1.01). If you installed all the patches as they came out you should have a folder for each patch in your CM directory. These did contain the different .exe files (you have have moved them to install the patch). I just copy them out as nessary into the main CM directory over-writing the current .exe file. When I want to go back to 1.05 or whatever I just repeat the process using the 1.05 folder and copy that .exe file into the main folder.

(hope I haven't confused you even more)

If your not sure which version you need you can try the different ones and if its the wrong version you will get an error message saying that your version is to old or to new. From this it is quite easy to work out which version you need.

[This message has been edited by Private Pike (edited 10-30-2000).]

You can even have multiple CM executables in your CM directory simultaneously. What you do is the following:

Put the Combat Mission.exe from your CM cd into your CM dir. Make a copy of it calling it CM1.00.exe (or CM1.02.exe depending on your version on the cd) or whatever you like. Now apply the 1.03 patch to your CM.exe. Make a copy of it (CM1.03.exe). Apply the 1.04 patch and so on (do this for every version you want to have, you get the point). Now all you have to do is launch the appropriate executable to get any version of CM.

Dschugaschwili

Guest Madmatt

I know I still have three or four AAR's in various states of readiness to be posted and I *think* I have one which is a v1.05 but I will need to check that out. I know thats what I am hoping.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing