Whats up with the smoke

Let me start off saying this has to be one of the BEST games I have ever played. I ordered my copy today and I am currently playing the demo version.

My question is everything looks great in the game except the smoke. I have it set on the highest setting and it still looks like square boxes moving upward.

Is this fixed in the full version..? or is this something I have to live with..

Thanks in advance

Guest KwazyDog

Brian, it sounds like you might be using a voodoo based graphics accelerator?

If so, its unfortuantely due to a bug with the voodoo drivers. If you switch to 'fast and compatable' using the SHIFT and I keys you should be able to fix this problem....Hope it helps smile.gif

Brian, a buddy of mine had the same problem and it got fixed when he down loaded the latest driver for the video card. Check out the vendor site of your card, they normally post them for you with a read me.

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."

Are "DIAMOND VIPER V770" good ???

Thats what I have and the games I have look fantastic,,, however are there a whole lot better...???

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

Are "DIAMOND VIPER V770" good ???

Thats what I have and the games I have look fantastic,,, however are there a whole lot better...???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one and it seems to work real goodie...

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas Norton:

Brian, a buddy of mine had the same problem and it got fixed when he down loaded the latest driver for the video card. Check out the vendor site of your card, they normally post them for you with a read me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...! I downloaded the newest drivers for my Voodoo3 card and now the smoke and fog effects look GREAT! Thanks alot for all of your help

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

Are "DIAMOND VIPER V770" good ??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 Ultra also.

I'm using the latest Diamond drivers from 2/3/00 (I think) v4.12.01.0368.

The good thing about TNT2-based cards is that they handle transparencies and typically render better quality images than Voodoo3s and under. They aren't quite as fast as Voodoos, because they offer more and better features than older Voodoos.

My Viper does display some blocky smoke, but ONLY when you position the camera within the smoke itself. But I contribute that to the ol' graphics "clipping" bug.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo