Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BAD LUCK OR IMPOSSIBLE

OK he's my case of bad luck. I have 2 Elite King Tigers and i going up againest Reg. 4 jumbo shermans(76) and reg. 2 Jackson Tank destroyers.

-I have a front assualt with all these in 2 turns. In the frist turn one of the Tiger took out a jumbo sherman from 200m. Then the 2 jackson's destroyed the King Tiger in 2 hits one was a track hit. The Next a Upper hull penetration that made it blow big time. From 400 m.

- On my second turn The King Tiger moved behind the 3 shermans and got them all. Then one of the 2 jackson's dissapeared. I go after it and on the other side of the map the jackson appears and take me out in 5 hits and i got 4 shots off too. Missed every shot. it made my other tiger roll slowly to a stop. This was from 100m.

Now thats what i call bad luck but can it be done. Thanx.

Guest Big Time Software

3:1 odds and you scored at least 3:2 kills in your favor. That isn't bad luck smile.gif

The only bad luck I see is that your second KT missed so many times. However, it did survive 4 hits so the odds were against you even getting off that many shots.

Sounds like you got out manuevered for the most part. The M36 Jackson was one of the few Allied tanks that could really cause a KT crew to break a sweat.

I'd say, on balance, that your luck wasn't all that bad. Odds were that, at close ranges like what you are talking about, you were bound to lose this engagement. The fact that you took 3 tanks out shows that you didn't do all that badly.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 12-06-2000).]

I would have to put that down to bad luck too...

Especially if the morale levels were different, too. Remember, your last panzer WAS outnumbered very heavily. And KT don't have any sort of gyrostabilizer (I think)

I'd have to say you were lucky to do so WELL at that sort of range.