Next CPX

John Osborne

I'm doing a survey on what is the best time to do a CPX. It was brought to my attention that a large amount of players may be going on vacation between Xmas and New Years. I would like to know what is the best day and time to do this CPX. I was thinking on the time should be 1600 GMT if possibly. And I was thinking on after New Years if everybody think that is the best day. Or I can do it sooner if I get enough results from the survey smile.gif

I have finished my map and as soon as I can get in touch with Rikki to get it loaded into the TacOps Map Room. And I will send out a scenario

description on what it will be by this Friday or sooner smile.gif And see what the results will be. I will also like to do it with two weeks in advance for the commanders and players to work on their plan.

This is to wet your appetite CPX players:)

Excerpt from CAPT. Johnson's Reports and Letters from "The Battles of Striker Brigade"

0730,18 September,West Germany

As I sit in the mess hall drinking a cup of Army coffee and talking to my XO, Lieutenant Richards. I start to write home to my wife.

Dear Debra,

It has only been three months since the War in Cuba and we still haven't seen any replacements arrive from Frankfurt. Maybe my replacement will get here soon. I can't wait to get back home. I'm thinking of resigning my

commissioned and get a civilian job.

We've been on alert since the people behind the Iron Curtain started to riot against the Soviet regimen. I guess they think because the Soviets didn't have the stomach to fight over Cuba. They can do the same against the Soviet government.

I hear over three hundred people died at East Berlin alone. The East German Army closed all the routes into Berlin and East Germany. I hope nothing stupid happens. That's all we need is another war.

As Capt Johnson reaches for his cup of coffee. Sirens start to go off on base. An MP runs into the mess hall and yells "The Russians are attacking, we're at War".

Also these countries will be involved: United States, West Germany, Netherlands against the Soviet Union and East Germany.

Red 6

Guys, it looks like that I will have to wait until January to do my CPX.

Sorry Henk,

I'm one of many GMs for the CMMC2 and I need to spend allot of time working on the German OOB and work on the Intel rules. We are trying to get it

started as soon as possibly.

I've finished the map and the OOB for the units that will be involved in the CPX. Just need to write up the OPORDs for each side.

Red 6

No problem

January is a good time,cold outside excellent pc weather smile.gif

Folks join this game,I think it will be fun.

Specially our German friends,it would be a nice opportunity to have a mixed German/Dutch force and Dutch German commanders to play with smile.gif

Actually I maybe have a surprise,my Company commander might join us too,he is interested too.

He will come over to my house and join the fun if he can make it.

For your survey:

In my line of work (Chef/Bartender), in this area at least, just after the new year business slumps. The Xmas parties are done with, and nobody wants to spend much more money. From Thanksgiving on, however: busy busy busy!!. I managed to get time off for this weekends CPX, in the 'interest of the business', told the owners i need one more day off, so I could keep up my pace and productivity ;)

Game By: Red 6

When: Sat, Jan 18 2003, 1700 GMT

Title: Operation Hintertür

Details: Custom US Army on map130c

Map130c will be posted at TacOps Map Room shortly.

Primary IRC Channel, #tacops on www.combatmission.com, port 7000

Fallback IRC Channel, #tacops on schlepper.hanse.de, port 7024

I will start to take names for both sides. But will not send out any OPORD, OOBs until Jan 3, 2003. You will then have two weeks to plan with your Commanders and other players.

Everybody is welcome, Newbies and Veterans. :D