Microsoft Sidwinder Game Voice?

MajorH TacOps Developer

By gamevoice do you mean the voice communication software or do you mean voice recognition/control software? There are plenty of free non-microsoft solutions for voice com.....

I was about to make a thread about how CPXs could be run so much better if teams communicated through voice but still relayed final commands in the irc chan. Would also be great for TCP/IP team games.

[ November 24, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: phil- ]

I have the microsoft gamevoice.

There's a free version of the gamevoice client/server available on the website (gamevoice share- http://www.gamevoice.com/Download/gamevoiceshare.asp?Page=148)

As mentioned before, I think http://www.teamspeak.org is a better program (client/server, multiple channels, ability to whisper between channels, good security), but for a good quality microphone/headphone combo with a speaker/headphone switch, the gamevoice is a sound piece of hardware (apologies for the pun).

If you want to try out a teamspeak session, there's a permanent one on bvark-server.atdot.at (password ohhi) - it's in a colocation center in Munich, Germany, so YMMV for performance (and create your own channel so my battlefield 1942 clan don't get confused with all the talk of modern hardware smile.gif

[ November 24, 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: bvark ]

• 2 months later...

Roger Wilco was always the one of choice that I've used. It has always worked extremely well except that it was lacking some features like the ability to change channels easily etc. However there were 3rd party addons allowing one to do that. I can dig them up if anyone is interested.

The latest version of RW however may have all this built in as I haven't tried it recently so worth a try.