safety issue

I desperately need Combat Mission, but my mom says she doesn't feel safe purchasing over the internet.

So I was hoping that the people who have purchased over the internet could reply positive messages that would convince my mom. Please help I must play this game.

milo__20

I think people have purchased the game with money orders. E-mail Steve at BTS, although he is on vacation this week I believe, and let him know. It just takes longer for the mail to get there and for the thing to clear the bank.

------------------

CrapGame out

A POSITIVE MESSAGE:

Remember, when you get a credit card you have the ability to dispute any charges on it, and unless there's a very big reason why the bank shouldn't refund you, they bassically will. If I recall correctly.

I know when I got my credit card I checked that part of the fine print.

That way, if someone gets hold of your credit card number, racks up all sorts of bills, you can go to the bank and say "oy, I didn't pay for this, receive goods, etc" and they have to refund you I think, and of course, investigate those who billed the card.

So, i'd feel pretty safe. Also remember there are soooo many transactions, more than a few billion $ worth a year, the chance of getting your card number grabbed and then abused is so tiny, you're probably more likely to get mugged and your cash card and pin nicked. smile.gif

there's some positive thinking for ya!

PeterNZ

Buying over the net from a reputable company (which BTS is- if you look at all the efforts they made to make sure everyone got their copy quickly you'll see they're exceptional) and a secure server then it's probably safer than using your credit card in a restaurant (where there are sales receipts with your number lying around where anyone can see).

Guest Scott Clinton

Its safer purchasing over the 'net than handing 'that waitress.waiter' your credit card.

This is a fact and has been show in about a dozen different studies in the last couple of years.

Its just a new form of mail order thats all...

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Big Time Software

milo_20 - we accept money orders and personal checks (drawn on U.S. banks) also, if you prefer that. If you want details, email me at sales@battlefront.com and let me know what country you live in.

Charles