Suggested additional feature to CM

I am not a programer and am quite ready to acknowledge that what I am requesting is unworthy of the effort. I would like to see CM do a check at the end of the last turn, and test for the average distance between the adversaries. If the two forces are too close, the game continues until one side brakes off. Such a feature would eliminate a last turn mad-dash for a VL. I'm pretty sure in WWII both sides routinely ignored the 20 turn limit.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oberst Angsthase:

I am not a programer and am quite ready to acknowledge that what I am requesting is unworthy of the effort. I would like to see CM do a check at the end of the last turn, and test for the average distance between the adversaries. If the two forces are too close, the game continues until one side brakes off. Such a feature would eliminate a last turn mad-dash for a VL. I'm pretty sure in WWII both sides routinely ignored the 20 turn limit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting thought. It's sort of the temporal equivalent of "the edge of the world" map edge problem. It's interesting the way the cease fire request approaches this problem from the other end: shortening a scenario rather than lengthening it.

Michael

Michael

SSI's Steel Panthers series has a feature like this and it's great. Another game, Sid Meier's Gettysburg has a features that will extend the length of a scenario when a victory location is taken. It eliminates the "last-turn dash, I WIN!" syndrome. I'd love to see it in this game. biggrin.gif