Getting even

Just one question for BTS. It has been running in my head for quite some time now.

How many copies do you need to sell to "get even" (I don't know the correct english business word) with the money and time you already invested ? I saw a show on a french computer gaming enterprise and they say they needed to sell 100'000 copies of their game to start making profit. So I wondered how many you should sell because you spent much more time than they did to improve the game and make the customer happy. And I thank you for that. But commercially speaking, that costs you a lot of money.

Can we do anything to make the game known to more people ? Anything that could help you sell more copies ?

Good luck. I hope that you will get what you deserve ! Many more gaming companies should follow your example.

Very fine job.

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:

How many copies do you need to sell to "get even" (I don't know the correct english business word) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I somehow doubt you'll get an answer, but the correct English term is to 'break even'. Let's hope BTS does not get mad at all of us bugging them the whole time - well, they could always get even by ruining our lifes through releasing the game wink.gif

------------------

Andreas

Guest Zulu1

My rough (read rough smile.gif ) estimate would be

2 x wages x 2 years = $240,000 sorry guys for the low wages but gotta start somewhere.

20,000 x $3 for initial cd run = $60,000

20,000 x $4/ea for manual = $80,000

2 years office, lights etc $30,000

puters, various equipment $40,000

various other staff salaries $100,000

misc $50,000

Total = 600,000/$45 ea = 13,000+ sales to break even.

That doesn't include lost investment because they could have been working elsewhere and not producing this labor of love. Also they could have had their bucks invested in the stock market and made a ton of dough. smile.gif

So tell everyone you meet that CM is the best computer wargame out there.

We need Steve and Charles to make to make it otherwise all we're going to get is RTS or Deer Hunter stuff.