Few Odd occurrences....

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!

On the Elsdorf scenario.

I played the Elsdorf scenario included with the game. It was a great game, a great scenario, but I had several incidents which left me scratching my head. I'm not sure if they are impossible-but perhaps they are critical hits/events that should be more rare than they actually occurred?

1) I played as the Americans. Late in the scenario, the German reinforcements arrived-two platoons of tigers on two sides of the map. The first platoon (4 tigers) arrived on my left flank. I sent my pershings (4 of them, plus 2 chaffees) to attack. In a very short time, I destroyed all four tigers-which seems reasonable-but the tigers failed to fire a single shot! I was moving, and was able to move, fire, and one after the other destroy 4 tigers with NO return fire!

Problem: Was the tactical AI confused? I got the impression that the four tigers were sitting, unable to select one of the six enemy tanks to fire at-so they ended up selecting nothing and being destroyed one after the other (it required almost two full minutes to destroy the four tigers). Note that the tiger crews in this scenario are at least veteran-maybe even elite.

2) At roughly the same time, two chaffees advanced upon the second platoon of tigers. One of my M24 chaffees destroyed a king tiger, with a flank shot into the turret, from 335 meters. Again, the king tiger (and an additional tiger right next to it) failed to fire a single shot at my tanks.

Problem: Is this a realistic event (chaffee destroying a king tiger from that range-it was a catastrophic kill-the KT was burning)? And same as previously: why don't the tigers shoot back? Again, my tanks were moving, the Germans were not (or were moving very slowly).

3) As I then advanced my pershings towards the same area, they quickly destroyed the other tiger (without any responding fire). I then lost a pershing to a panzershreck round, into the upper hull, from 208 meters.

Problem: Do panzershrecks have that kind of range? that kind of penetration at that range? And same as before: is the tactical AI confused enough by multiple targets (for the tiger) to fail to do anything? I am playing with no patches whatsoever.

Good game, but if my experience is typical, the whole tiger myth literally is a myth.

Steve