Playing CM for all its worth

Here is why I've been playing CM for all its worth...

With the addition of CM to my regular playlist, there are now 5-7 PC games that I play in rotation. Unlike most gamers here, my game time is limited to about 1-2 hours per night and I will not play the same PC game consecutively. Anyway, after easily winning the tutorial scenario, I wanted to play a historical-based scenario that would provide me with a comprehensive experience with CM. Knowing that this will be the only CM scenario that I will play this fall, I wanted to make it a good one.

After considerable research, I choose "These Hills Are Alive" (no spoilers). It is a huge 50-turn scenario but it has everything I wanted: playing as attacking Americans, heavy fog, numerous hills in a forest, a village and many types of units. I've been playing this for about 2 weeks and with the turns taking me about an hour each, I'm only at turn 16. However, I am constantly awed as to how good CM is. The tactical decisions, which is the judge a great wargame, are modeled and executed brilliantly. Even though it is a slow, tough (yet winnable) game for me to play, it is holding my interest because of the intelligence of the tactics and how every move is critical. I think the other thing that I like about playing this scenario is the surprise factor. I had purposely not read anything here about playing this and of course, I play with full FOW and don't replay turns. That, IMO, makes it a very fun challenge, which I had not experienced in playing wargames the past several years.

Again, thanks to BTS for making a great wargame (esp. one that runs well on a Pentium 233) and for sparking my interest in WW2.

Yep, this game is no slouch. BTS deserves all the credit they get for this and more. It's a genere, gener, gen...a darn good game. Worth ever cent I paid and more. BTS has my loyality. Turn play is back, and Momma I'm home. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss