Question About Tiger Mod

I love the Tiger mod which has the "A" on the turret. Can someone tell me what this stood for and when the Germans started using it on these tanks?

P.S.--I also like that creaking sound the tank makes. It really adds a degree of realism to it.

------------------

Yeah, but in Close Combat...

Guest Madmatt

No, Kwazydog is the author of that mod which is included in the MDMP-2.

I am sure Kwazydog will pop in later and let us know where he got the idea and meaning for the "A".

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest KwazyDog

Sorry Deadmarsh, I missed this one smile.gif

I was the one whom origionally did up the Tiger you mention. The reason the Tiger has that marking is that the origional model I based that Tiger on, by James Blackwell (whom also kindy allowed us to use his texture for the Panther VG that shipped with the CD) the A on the turret so I kept it there, hehe.

I have seen such markings before in photos and books. My best guess is that it was actually done to allow easy recoginition on the battlefield, maybe at a particular time when many Tigers were expected to be in battle in the one location. For instance, all of one platoon may have been labeled A, the next B etc.

I will look thought some books I have here to see if I can give you a better explinations Deadmarsh. Hope that is of some interest, though it is only a guess smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 10-06-2000).]

Guest Pillar

Kwazy,

I might be interested in doing some mods based on the models at that site. Can you explain the process you went through from seeing the model to making it a CM texture?

Guest KwazyDog

No worries Pillar, sure thing. smile.gif

Currently I have to head out and look after a couple of problems over the weekend but would love to help with some advice. Do me a favour, bump this up to the top in about 48hrs and Ill do up some pointers. smile.gif

Dan

Guest KwazyDog

I can do both Pillar for others that may be interested. smile.gif

I am having a complicated weekend unfortunately or Id do it now, but things are getting better. Just dont let me forget, hehe!

Hi,

It´s the tank of the unit commander of heavy tank batallion 507 on the Eastfront 1944. Schwere Panzerabteilung 507 used the A B and C for it´s staff tanks.

Cheers

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891