Infantry guns employment

rum

Hello all.

In the mission comes with demo, "Valley of trouble", I have a problem with 150mm inf. gun usage.

As soon as I opening fire, enemy artillery starting fire on my gun and quickly destroying it.

How to use infantry gun and not to lose it?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rum:

How to use infantry gun and not to lose it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same advice as for Hedgehog love-making: very very carefully.

Keep it out of LOS of the enemy (very difficult on the VoT map), only use it when you have a very good chance of hitting something, position it so that it can only be fired from from one angle, thus reducing the need for retargetting of the gun, put it into woods and as far back as possible.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-27-2000).]

Don't use it as an antitank gun, except out of dire necessity or from ambush. While it can KO a sherman with one hit, it isn't very accurate. Sometimes shooting a tank from ambush is worthwhile, but if you miss the first two shots, you're dead for sure.

Area target is your best friend. Because the AI will be sure to call down arty on your gun as you noticed, get as many shots off as possible when you decide to start firing. Shoot at places where you even think there might be inf. Don't worry about running out of ammo, he won't last that long.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska