Rant 2

OK. Lets try this again. In playing the demo, while switching back in forth between allies and axis, the computer seemingly (key word) got shots off before I did and killed the target with those shots. Even when keeping unbuttoned, hunting, and having a good idea where the target was, I lost on the draw. I'm assuming the computer doesn't have an advantage and its just luck of the draw (which I can live with).

------------------

Look, the bleeding stopped. Uh oh. . .

Sometimes Lady Luck is on the other side. I'm playing a PBEM game right now in which a veteran Panther was hit 3 of 3 from 800m and destroyed without firing a shot by a Jackson on the move, and a veteran Hetzer (in perfect hull-down ambush position) missed its first shot then had its gun knocked out by a Sherman on the first hit (after two misses)at 500m. The odds were in my favor, but I lost both encounters. Is the AI cheating on behalf of my friend? God, I hope not.

Raze wrote:

> OK. Lets try this again.

What the heck are you doing, starting a new thread when your original thread on exactly the same subject has only just started?

Sorry, but that is bizarre. And you've already had plenty of answers - this has been discussed many, many times before, and you can be assured that the computer has no advantage over you.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 08-20-2000).]

just a quick point, hate to run to threads but..

you said 'i was hunting forward'.

that means you had a pretty good idea of where the tanks were, but your TANKS did not, they had to acquire target, direct guns and shoot.

Now if their tank is sitting their waiting and looking in your direction when you tank stumbles forward looking for it, chances are the other tank will see you first. I've seen this happen A LOT smile.gif Stationary tanks facing the oncoming threat often get the first shot in. Also, make sure your tanks are unbuttoned. Almost lost a panther today because I forgot to unbutton a hunting tank, (don't worry friends, it had some armor flaking and lost a crewman, but i took out ss_panzers' tank hehe wink.gif

PeterNZ

no worries

for ammusment, trying playing a head 2 head game against yourself and set yourself up with one group of tanks advancing on a second group of tanks in cover or waiting.

You'll find 3/5 times the defending ones do better in my mind.

to me the odds go something like this.

1) head to head engagement, one side waiting

3/5 in defenders favour

2) attacker crosses infront of defender, 4/5 defenders favour

3) attacker advances on defenders side or rear quarters 4/5 attackers favour

that kinda stuff smile.gif

Just imagine, sitting in a little tank, it's bouncing around, and you're trying to pick a sationary, relatively quiet, (quieter than your noisy tank anyway!), non moving target.

Now imagine sitting in a quiet tank, you know where the treeline is, the hills and gaps, likely lines of advances. Your gun isn't moving, your tank is quieter..

get the idea? smile.gif

PeterNZ