Out of range message

One of my half tracks in Last Defence won't let me fire,it just says 'Out of Range'.There is nothing noticeably wrong with it,it's fully crewed with no shaken or such message.It is possible that the machine gun has been taken out 'cos there's an awful lot of mortar rounds came down around it but I can't see anything that says it's out of action.Any other thoughts on why I'm getting this message?

I have faced this on a couple of occasions. I believe that the halftracks mg is knocked out or out of ammo. Click on it and then hit the enter key. On the screen that pops up should tell you about how much ammo the thing has left. It says something like Machine Gun (13) or something like that. I thought I got the out of range when the crew only has their sidearms left. I got the message on another occasion when I had two halftrack crews in the second floor of a building in last defense firing over the river. They wiped out the remnants of a squad close to the river but got the out ofrange message when I told them to target a mortar that was farther away.

CrapGame out...

Guest Madmatt

Also something to check is by turning on the Label Option (shift L) the MG may have been damaged by a near miss (although some would say that should be called a near hit! wink.gif) and turning on labels will show all abanoned, knocked out, low ammo and damaged weapon units, along with some other nifty info. In a big battle it gets a little too crowded but its good to turn it on every few turns to get a more detailed handle on your units condition.

Madmatt out... cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-12-2000).]