BTS - questions about GFX

WHy does what I see on the screen and what I screen cap look totally different?!

Ie If I increase the gamma on the screen (using alt+g) the screen cap is still dark?!

confused.gif

Also why do my textures look so different from beta demo to Gold demo, even when the gama is adjusted to the same setting. The gold demo seems to lower the saturation of the tetxures, ie there seems to be less glow and richness in the colours. The gold demo seems to wash out the colours slightly frown.gif

I hope this isn't a missed bug frown.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Guest Big Time Software

I suspect the screen capturing thing is a hardware thing. We certainly aren't doing anything special. Same for why your graphics look "washed out". Haven't a clue. Things look great on our PCs, so I wouldn't call this a bug. Try playing around with your gamma settings.

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

"Also why do my textures look so different from beta demo to Gold demo"

Errm, Id say thats becuase the beta demo is half a year old and a LOT has changed since then, definately not a bug.

It looks great on my system, which is using a TNT2, it has nice rich colours. I think Steve suggestion about playing with your gamma setting is your best bet.

Hey CoolColJ... I have a texture that needs changing. Those damn aweful unit bases. I like to play with them on so i can see all the units but the detract badly from the graphics. I was thinking that the allies 1 would look good as the american star and the germans as a swat sticker or something. I couldnt find the textures to change them myself... maybe u would have better luck.