Firing main gun while reversing?

Can someone tell me if tanks fire there main gun while reversing? The last pbem game I played I set a few Churchill to fire while reversing into cover. I know I told it to fire the main gun, but in a couple of instances it only fired the machine gun. Had about 15 rounds of HE & 10 rounds of AP at the time. What's your experience?

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeski:

Can someone tell me if tanks fire there main gun while reversing? The last pbem game I played I set a few Churchill to fire while reversing into cover. I know I told it to fire the main gun, but in a couple of instances it only fired the machine gun. Had about 15 rounds of HE & 10 rounds of AP at the time. What's your experience?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if they have a shot they'll take it, but it may have lost scquisition as it moved back...next time click the unit as it moves backward. if a red line appears it is trying to aim, if it disappears it lost the target.

use view 1 and you can probably see the gun barrel move a little as it tracks...

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

One of my most enjoyable kills was in the Last Defense demo scenario when my Hellcat found itself the target of a StuG behind a wall with a second one on it's way.With the order to reverse,my Hellcat shot back up the hill firing as he went,taking out the StuG before disappearing behind cover.I just wish all my tank crews could perform to the same standard.