I need help!

Sorry to start up another thread but...

Whenever I run the demo it switchs my screen resolution down to 640 x 480!!! I've tried everything. I start in 800 x 600 but as soon as I click on the CM icon it knocks it down to the lower resolution. Any one have any suggestions?

PowerMac 6500/250, 96 MB, 12 MB Voodoo 2

------------------

"Guys the editor is HELLA COOL and you can make it sing like a 2 dollar whore errr never mind that reference..."

-Madmatt

My website!

Guest tom w

Yes I too have a Mac (G3) and on the Biege G3 desktop at home (standard Apple Video card 8 megs RAM) I can only get 640-480 resolution

I think it is meant to be this way?

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

Sorry to start up another thread but...

Whenever I run the demo it switchs my screen resolution down to 640 x 480!!! I've tried everything. I start in 800 x 600 but as soon as I click on the CM icon it knocks it down to the lower resolution. Any one have any suggestions?

PowerMac 6500/250, 96 MB, 12 MB Voodoo 2

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom w:

Yes I too have a Mac (G3) and on the Biege G3 desktop at home (standard Apple Video card 8 megs RAM) I can only get 640-480 resolution <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't help you on this one - oh, no, I can... Get a new video card. I have an iMac DV SE and it works splendidly, although the speed goes down significantly when lots of smoke is involved ( when set for quality smoke).

------------------

Andreas

Guest tom w

Hey Andreas,

Can you read the Its Bound to happen thread and perhaps give us some German Translations?

thanks

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Can't help you on this one - oh, no, I can... Get a new video card. I have an iMac DV SE and it works splendidly, although the speed goes down significantly when lots of smoke is involved ( when set for quality smoke).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Big Time Software

Colin,

CM runs (automatically) at 640x480 if it's in "software" mode. So it sounds like it's not able to detect your 3D graphics card. You say you have a Voodoo 2. From what manufacturer? Is it one of those jury-rigged cards that's really made for PC but you've been able to get to run on your Mac? If so, that's likely the problem.

Charles

Guest Germanboy

Can you read the Its Bound to happen thread and perhaps give us some German Translations?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And lose my advantage in PBEMs against non-German speakers!? What's in it for me? biggrin.gif I'll see when I get around to it.

I was actually wondering about that - do non-German speaking players manage to get the gist of the coice cues from the way it is spoken? Panic in the voice etc.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Colin,

CM runs (automatically) at 640x480 if it's in "software" mode. So it sounds like it's not able to detect your 3D graphics card. You say you have a Voodoo 2. From what manufacturer? Is it one of those jury-rigged cards that's really made for PC but you've been able to get to run on your Mac? If so, that's likely the problem.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had no problem running the beta demo using the V2. If the old code works better then the final code something is seriosuly wrong. But I'll download the latest 3DFX reference drivers and Apple game sprockets and try again. It can definetly detect the graphics card it's running in RAVE mode just not in large enough resolution.

------------------

"Guys the editor is HELLA COOL and you can make it sing like a 2 dollar whore errr never mind that reference..."

-Madmatt

My website!

Guest tom w

Well Simply put

that LOS LOS ! they yell must mean Look Look

the rest of it can't be that hard to figure out.....

but your help would be greatly aprreciated smile.gif

But HEY!

I'm happy to play the english speaking (winning) Yank side, they did win the war you know,.....

just kidding wink.gif

-tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

And lose my advantage in PBEMs against non-German speakers!? What's in it for me? biggrin.gif I'll see when I get around to it.

I was actually wondering about that - do non-German speaking players manage to get the gist of the coice cues from the way it is spoken? Panic in the voice etc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops. I forgot to add that it's a 3dfx Voodoo 2 1000 card.

Also your link to download the Game Sprockets leads to an older version (pre 8.1) this is the new link Post 8.1 Game Sprockets

Grrr...now my thread is at the bottom...grr

------------------

-Madmatt

My website!

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 05-10-2000).]

Colin:

Bummer man frown.gif For what it's worth CM Gold runs smooth as a babies bottom on my iMac DV SE. So bringing it in line w/ those specs gives you something to shoot at. I had similar problems running Falcon 4.0 on my iMac. The program wouldn't recognize the 3d accel. and ran under "software' One of the problems was quicktime comp.perhaps, but you are prob upgraded to QT4? (Reply to another of your posts elsewhere - don't even think about cancelling pre-order, it's just the heat guy, it'll work out , be cool, cool.gif We need ya man! biggrin.gif

Ya i'm sure i wouldn't actually consider cancelling i was just being dramatic.

I have the latest version of quicktime (updated less then a week ago)

hell i have the latest everything (except OS I have 8.6 instead of 9.1 or whatever it is)

I exceed all of the requirement for CM but it doesn't work right.

------------------

-Madmatt

My website!

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Hmmmm, for a game that was designed on a Mac, you guys sure are having problems. rolleyes.gif

I'd suggest getting a better video card. A Voodoo 2 1000? Com'on, that's barely Second Generation.

The Gold Demo runs just fine in 1024x768 for me with my 32MB TNT2 Ultra.

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

Uhhh...

no.

I'd suggest you send me the money then.

Seriously. I'm just look for a response. What Charles told me could have been the problem wasn't so now I'm looking for more info.

I have no problems running other more graphic intensive games in RAVE mode in 800 x 600.

It just seems this demo has an awful lot of bugs for something based on final code. Steve and Charles have been amazingly helpful all along and there's no reason for them to stop now.

------------------

-Madmatt

My website!

Guest Germanboy

Well Simply put

that LOS LOS ! they yell must mean Look Look the rest of it can't be that hard to figure out..... but your help would be greatly aprreciated smile.gif

But HEY! I'm happy to play the english speaking (winning) Yank side, they did win the war you know,.....just kidding wink.gif

-tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, not even close... But as I said, when I get around to it I post some translations. Have to figure out what German they have in there anyway. LOS LOS means get up, get going and is generally used to get them out of their foxholes to kick the butts of those yanks who thought their enemies just looked at something biggrin.gif

And the Amis might have won the war, but at least there is comfort in the thought that they never even came close in matching German technology - particularly the Schwere Kampfspüle smile.gif

Colin, the beta ran fine in 8.6 with me, but I have since upgraded to 9.0.4. No chance of getting that somewhere cheaply and giving it a try?

------------------

Andreas