The tension that makes this game so great

It's turn 4 of the 2nd battle in a PBEM of the Wiltz campaign.

My beleaguered US troops are in tough vs the the German horde attacking up the valley to Wiltz.

There on one side of the valley is a 57mm AT gun firing as fast as it can on the bow of a PzIVG with the expected results.

I watched as shell after shell hit the Pz monster only to have the warhead shatter - 12 / 13 / 14 shots in 2 turns and then ... hit on the Pz - gun disabled.

I couldn't believe my eyes - the monster defanged.

No matter what else happens, this was one of those events that marks the battle ...

Cheers,

Rifle

Rifle, I know where you're coming from.

In one battle I sent a Sherman to out flank a KT that came out of nowhere.I assumed I knew which way the KT was going to go so I set the waypoints and hit GO. To my dismay I find the KT had turned and was now cutting across the Sherman's path.My sherman fires a quick shot from 5m away and misses.He zips past the KT as it slowly tries to turn its turrent to catch me.At this point I'm behind the KT with a clear shot at his squishy parts but instead of firing the sherman starts bringing his hull around.The KT now has his turret facing me but he's also bringing his hull around(this all seems like strange behavior with them just 30m apart).So it's a race to see if I can get hull around before he does and takes away any chance of a kill.While this is going on I'm on the edge of my chair yelling "FIRE,FIRE"(Good thing the wife's a heavy sleeper).They both get around at the same time and I assume I'm toast but-

his shot:miss

mine:ricochet

his : penetration no kill!

mine:ricochet

his:miss

mine:a hit on his track!!

his:well,my luck couldn't last.I'm a bonfire.

He put up a good fight by immobilizing the KT which made for a very easy target.

Quite a bit o' fun packed into 2 minutes.

[This message has been edited by saru3000 (edited 12-08-2000).]