My copy of CM is very unique.

My copy of CM is very unique. How? Ok here goes.

1-My original CD is has it’s own jewel case with CD over. (Mod by Tom). I only play with my backup copy of CM.

2-I start the game and the first thing you hear is the theme song from Combat, the TV show of the 60’s (I asked my good buddy Oddball_8 aka Magnus Olsson) to help me convert the sound file. He is still working on it to tune it a little better.

3-My splash screen and user interface graphics are from (deanco’s mod).

4-My BMP files come from MadMatt, Gunslinger, Tom, JohnS aka Tiger, Rarg, Marco Bergman, SinPoet, IX Angela Deth, David Molinarolo and Renato Abeilar Romeiro Gomes. Hope I did not forget anyone.

5-My sounds come from MadMatt, Ncrawler, Oddball_8 aka Magnus Olsson, Jeff Pinard, and a few others.

6-My scenarios come mostly from the one and only Wild Bill, MadMatt and that great Squad Leader site run by Col Koltz and his people.

7-My maps come from that great Squad Leader site run by Col Koltz.

8-My unit database Excel file with pictures comes from Jason McGrody.

9-I hang out here, at MadMatts site and the Squad Leader site.

10-And oh, did I mention that this whole thing was made possible by BTS with the help of one of the best beta test groups ever assembled?

Can things just get any better?

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I have much of that stuff, but hey I was talking in here about Combat just the other night and how I miss Vic Morrow. Schaay ole pay o mine. Wouldn't mind schlippin me a copy of that newly tweaked Combat theme would ya? Or .mov file or whatever it is. Tanks! smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Hate to do this but the phrase very unique is completely improper: unique means "one-of-a-kind" and not "unusual". However this mistake is made so commonly that I suppose the very nature of the word can be considered to have been changed thru misuse.

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sniperscope:

8-My unit database Excel file with pictures comes from Jason McGrody.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Sniperscope,

A unit database Excel file! That sound very interesting. How do I obtain it (if obtainable)?.

Best regards

Soren Svendsen

You give me a little *too* much credit I think. I have as yet to do any scenarios and while everyone gets to play with some of my textures (check the credits in the manual people, I did some too!) the majority that you are speaking of (MDMP's) would have come from either Bil Hardenberger or Kwazydog.

Thanks for the kind words though..Truly, CM is one of a kind in its own right.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

silentsniper, if you do not have the full ver. of this game pleae report to the nearest hopital and have your head examined.

otherwise your post was pretty funny lol.

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

Jackhammer.... On a Mac you go into the data folder, and look into a folder called "Mov" inside should be a QT file. Thats the intro.

My CM is very unique:

1) Jewel Case

2) New Intro made by me (plays a hacked up version of old with music from Allied General)

3) Splash screen from Tom

4) HUGE load of BMPs from EVERY ONE OUT THERE (+ plus a few from me).

5) new sounds from me

6) Some senrois from me + one wack load of a lot from the CMHQ.

7) Thanks to Steve, Charles, Madmatt, Kwazydog, ACTOR, Rommell 22, Shatter 50, Crapgame, Pham 911, Pawbroom, and ME

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army