Looking to form the New York Chapter of CM

Ideas ... how about a hot seat tournament.

I live in central NJ and ran a few chess

tournamnents years ago. Of course we

would have to move our PCs to a central

location. Perhaps outside the city would be

better for that. Public library ... ideas.

- Kinch

Kinda of like "LAN party" members do, right Kinch?

Problem is, you'd need to find a place which would allow us to plug in some 15+ machines, which might I add suck up quite a bit of electricity.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Good point on the power .. where there is a will there is a way I guess. Teams to cut

down on machines? Anyone rent out a conference room at a library of hotel? I have not so have know idea how much it costs.

- Kinch

As an alternate idea, we could run an CPX (command post excercize) in the spirt of those done for TacOps. I don't know how well this would translate to CM. The idea is that only one or two people on each side actually interact with the game. The players represent a Batalion level (at this scale) command. They get "radio reports" from the front and have to maintain their own maps with unit positions (as they cannot see the screen). They then issue orders as notes which are passed on to the people actually playing the game. It is up to those people to interpret the orders as best they can. Kind of like a very top heavy version of the Combat Missions Meta Game. Oh yea, it would only take 6-8 hours too. For more info check out http://www.battlefront.com/resources/tacops/HQ/text/CPX/cpx.html

--Chris

[This message has been edited by Maastrictian (edited 10-02-2000).]