AI vehicles and mines

**EXTREMELY MINOR SPOILER**

With the .23 build beta patch, I started playing the TF Rose operation (I d/l'd from somewhere, cna't remember exactly where). I watched a column of enemy vehicles roll happily up a road toward some daisy-chain AT mines. The lead vehicle hit a mine and was abandoned. The second rolled right up behind it and it too was disabled. Same for the third and fourth in the column. Bear in mind these vehicles were travelling close together and unbuttoned at the time. Now, I'm no expert, but it seems to me (and I know someone will correct me if I've got this wrong) that continuing blindly forward into a known (or even suspected) minefield is not SOP and/or a Good Idea. I don't know if this has been discussed before, nor do I know what if anything can be done about it, but it does strike me as a little strange.

Guest Madmatt

I have not seen such behavior before and in a little test I ran the AI spotted and avoided several Daisy Chain mines I had spread across several roads which it was using to get to the objective. Daisy Chain Mines are not hidden and are usually spotted way ahead of time, are you sure they were Daisy Chains and not a normal AT minefield?

Even so I have not been able to mimic this odd behavior. Even with regular hidden AT minefields the TacAi over-rided my movements plot, after the lead vehicle detonated a mine, to avoid the newly discovered mine field. When I played as the Defender I watched the Ai avoid areas where a lead tank had exploded a mine very adeptly.

In this Operation, was the main axis of advance blocked by terrain features or was there another way for the AI to get where it needed?

Can you send me a autosave of this?

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-21-2000).]