"Scout &Dig-in"

While poking through the BMP folder (looking for some nice piccies for wallpaper) I came across the orders section (1600's) and found orders for Scout and Dig-in.

I'm guessing that they relate in some way to the editor, as they are obviously not avaible in the orders menu on the gold demo.

"Dig-in" is perhaps to allow tanks to be set-up as being literally dug-in, by the scenario designer, but what function will "Scout" have.Just curious.

Cheers

Jim

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jim crowley:

While poking through the BMP folder (looking for some nice piccies for wallpaper) I came across the orders section (1600's) and found orders for Scout and Dig-in.

I'm guessing that they relate in some way to the editor, as they are obviously not avaible in the orders menu on the gold demo.

"Dig-in" is perhaps to allow tanks to be set-up as being literally dug-in, by the scenario designer, but what function will "Scout" have.Just curious.

Cheers

Jim

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there are a lot of sounds that are simply there to add to immersion - the Germans have "Nach den Seiten sichern" - "Secure the flanks" which they say all the time when dug in, but it is not an actual order. I guess that your example is another one of those.

------------------

Andreas

I believe that during operations between battles you can have scouting done giving you limited (and possibly wrong?) information related to you opponents set up or OOB. Perhaps someone more knowledgable could inform us.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jim crowley:

Germanboy,

The symbols I was referring to are actual "orders", not sounds (check-out BMP's 1600 onwards).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D'uh - Macuser, we don't have these BMPs. Sorry for the complete misinterpretation...

------------------

Andreas