Sherman Tanks are the Best - Somewhat OT

From the definitive source of WWII information, the Sunday Newspaper ad by MATCHBOOK COLLECTIBLE Die-Cast Models, comes (and I'm not making this up) "The Great Tanks of World War II."

"For the first couple years, it looked like [Axis forces] would win. The German war machine crushed Allied forces with a seemingly invincible force of armored warriors. But then, the Allies - led by America - rose to the challenge, developing advanced artillery and tanks that stopped the Germans in their tracks.

Now you can own the eight greatest tanks of World War II...

On one are the forces of freedom: the A22 Infantry Tank Mk IV Churchill, the finest British infantry tank...the Russian T-34/76, which halted the German advance in the East...and the best of the best, the two American Sherman tanks [the M4A3 105mm and the M4A3 76mm] that literally changed the course of the war.

Then there are the worthy adversaries: the Wirbelwind that shot down Allied planes...the dreaded Panzers, one of the deadliest forces the Allies would face...and the Panther, the "big cat" that was the best tank in the world until America created the Sherman..."

And, the models look just like the ones in Combat Mission!!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

BTS, fellow CM'ers, it seems pretty clear, the Sherman tanks are obviously UNDERPRICED. biggrin.gif

Dan

Guest KwazyDog

Hehehe, thanks for sharing Dan, dont you love marketing wink.gif

I bet when sold in Britian the best of the best is the Churchill.

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 10-02-2000).]

ROFLMAO!

ok...*breathe* the Sherman ROFL!

*breathe*...imagine the millions of simpleton American children who would actually BELIEVE this crap because "that toy is COOOL!"

Ugh. Damned American marketing bloodsuckers.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

See http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011062.html

Well, at least they were correct in crediting the T34 as a great tank. And I do like the 105mm Sherms for inf support.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Pillar

I can just see two kids fighting over who gets the Sherman! LOL!

"Aww shucks, all I got was a lousy Panther for Christmas. Did you get a Sherman? "

Guest Pillar

New Matchbook Marketing T-Shirt:

My Parents work for Matchbook and all they brought me was this lousy King Tiger.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 10-02-2000).]