Beta Scenarios in Gold Demo?

Thinking Too Much department:

Stuck at work, cursing my job and NT, I wondered, what if you used the Gold Demo to open Riesberg or LD from the beta demo?

Will they run?

Would we have newer effects, interface features, and graphics, in the context of the old scenarios?

Guest Big Time Software

Either that or he heard us say it before smile.gif

The file format was totally changed inbetween the two demos. As a matter of fact, we can't even use the older stuff even though we have the pile of code sitting right here smile.gif The changes were pretty major.

However, we translated the three Beta Demo scenarios into the new format back when we had the ability to do so (we batch processed all of them in one go). When you get the FULL version of the game you will find your old favorites installed on your harddrive, ready for duty!

Steve

Guest tom w

I say this with the sincerest curiosity and utmost respect for Steve and BTS, but I'm wondering if it is ok to ask (very politely) if there was not some discussion a while back about the Gold demo having 3 scenarios in it....

Wasn't there some suggestion that one of the Beta scenario's would reapear in all its GOLDEN glory and there might be two new ones?

Or did we all mess UP so poorly last night that we only got just one new Demo scenario?

(And a Mightly FINE Demo scenario it is so I hear!)

smile.gif just asking...... nothing more

Pre-orderd and waiting like everyone else.

(But LOVING that Gold Demo + & - %150 force pool modifier, NOW thats FUN!)

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Either that or he heard us say it before smile.gif

The file format was totally changed inbetween the two demos. As a matter of fact, we can't even use the older stuff even though we have the pile of code sitting right here smile.gif The changes were pretty major.

However, we translated the three Beta Demo scenarios into the new format back when we had the ability to do so (we batch processed all of them in one go). When you get the FULL version of the game you will find your old favorites installed on your harddrive, ready for duty!

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ARRGGH!!!!

I swear if I ever see those scenerios again Im gonna hurl Steve!!!!!!!