Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Here's a friggin suggestion

Why not ask BTS to make a macro for the message board here, so when anyone asks a question it can post an auto reply stating "Do a search!!!" and lock the thread.

That way you guys won't have to be pestered by new and enthusiastic players who just got the game, or just got into the game asking legitimate questions which you've seen before even if they haven't.

Let's make all the new people welcome with a big old cheer of "DO A SEARCH!" 'cause that's what make the CM community great. Intollerance and the desire to expend energy typing "do a search" rather than using the same energy to answer easy questions.

Guest Big Time Software

Pham, I am beginning to suspect that you are trying REALLY hard to just be a big pain in various people's asses, including mine. There is a clear pattern with you that is developing here and I must say that it is not amusing or in any way constructive. Try a little harder to drop the bad attitude, OK?

Most of the smaller, quicker, easier questions to answer are in fact reanswered (even if it is for the 100th time). But when someone posts about a topic that has been discussed to death, why not just save everybody a lot of wasted time (including the person asking the question) and use the Search function. What is so wrong with that? The answer is NOTHING.

As for locking up threads, I *NEVER* lock up a thread unless there is a very good reason to do so, like topics that serve no other purpose than to stir up trouble. I've been over this a couple dozen times. Do a Search if you want to learn more...

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 09-13-2000).]