Features for CM

Does anybody know if there is going to be a random mission or map generator. I usually like to create my own scenarios and maps, so this is an important topic for me. Also, is there going to be a way for squads/armor to gain experience and become promoted or awarded citations/medals?

I like this feature as well, seeing a hard earned victory developing green units into seasoned veterans and armor becoming more astute with regards to aggressiveness and tactical prose.

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Ken,

Combat Mission has both a scenario/campaign editor as well as a random battle generator. Gaining experience is outside the scope of CM's operations as each battle is only a 20-40 minutes long. Awards would be nice, but with a force of up to 1,500-2000 men we doubt it would interest many after one or two battles wink.gif In other words, so many men overwhelms such a feature.

Steve

Guest Lokesa

Perhaps, just showing the awards that were given to the officers would be a workable comprimise. I don't really care either way but if it was found that a large portion of your market wants this...on the other hand feeling wise it would be kind of lame to include it for officers while ignoring the common grunt (just finished reading "Hamburger Hill" so maybe I'm a little more sympathetic to the average grunt than normally)

Guest Big Time Software

If it were as simple as just displaying a picture of an award we'd do it. But the underlying system that would be required to do this is anything but simple. First of all, we would have to track unit progress and then rate it. This doesn't happen by magic smile.gif Then all sorts of checks and rechecks, and then finally the interface. Lots of work for something that really isn't worth it for a game at CM's level.

Steve