Steve, any word on Gold Demo?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Captain Manieri

Well, lemme try and take some work off Steve's hands.

I think in a post a while back, he said that the Gold Demo will have to be released AFTER the game. I think I recall him saying that. Plus, it'd make more sense, right. Once the product is available, you could have a better demo? From a sales standpoint, it seems to fit. Game first, then the Gold Demo. But I say, demo shmemo, I want the final game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think in a post a while back, he said that the Gold Demo will have to be released AFTER the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I believe the idea is that the gold demo would be released right after the game goes gold. So hopefully we'll have the gold demo to play while the game is getting ready to ship.

I know Steve and Charles are very busy....

however I think at this late stage of CM's development they MUST be able to give some sorta ESTIMATE on when their product goes gold???? I know it can be very difficult to come up with an exact date but since the program is basically finished you would think that an educated guess by BTS would be possible. If they the release date/estimate great!!!....if not oh well, at least the consumer knows what they shooting for. I find BTS products second to none and have purchaserd everything the company has made basically since flight commander, however I get frustrated when release dates/quarters/years! are not included in their press release info. HPS and Shrapnel games try their best to give approximate release/gold dates and are often very close to their anticipated release dates and never seem to scrafice quality in order to meet a date! Its too bad BTS doesn't seem willing to release this info to the public. Maybe its a marketing strategy.....not to let you competitors know your release dates?

Oh well I guess it will be released when its released!!!!

Keep up the excellent work, and maybe you can give me a date for CM2 smile.gif