ATTN - * VON SHRAD! *

Von Shrad - that was a long time ago, damn I had some good memories of that night. Yeah I was on-line just to talk! Because ever since the ZOne changed its software, I couldn't get CC3 to hook with anyone at the ZOne SO that was the last time I was there too. I was preaching the CM gospel

Yeah it was me under the name of BLITZ_Force, my online CC3, Half-life etc nick

Kinda makes me sad - sniff - nice memories, thanks for refreshing my memory

Now I never got to chat to ya after that night about CM. So I guess you read all the info, hung out on this forum, downloaded the demo when it came out. Right? smile.gif

So what are your impressions now, re ASL, did all of what I said to you about CM, turn out how you imagined it to be in CM?

Its just like a school reunion biggrin.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

No, it is'nt what i thought it was going to be. Its way better than that. I was very sceptical when you were talking about it. This is the best comp. game to date. CM goes so much further than ASL could take you although I still love the latter. You were right though, these guys are impressive and they just keep amazing me! I owe you thanks, for if it wasnt for you CCJ, i might still be getting pissed at spinning tanks and SH***Y AI. Thanks dude, I look forward to getting my a** whooped by you and many others when the full game hits my mailbox. Also, these people on this board are so cool. I'm sure that some of the other good guys from the zone are here or they are going to be because once you get a glimpse of CM, you can never go back! Thanks again for taking the time that night.

that reminds me, maybe I need to hook up to the ZONE tonight and try some more preaching wink.gif

You never know, Hasbro just might bring out ASL on the PC, I heard they would going to do it. Now coding AI for that would be pretty difficult I'd imagine, but it would be nice....no more rule book and charts, and fumbling with counters. Yeah being able to make your own maps easily biggrin.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-15-2000).]

You know, I kind of like all those charts and rules. I must be sick, but I love digging deep into complex game systems and trying to figure them out. If theres one thing that cant be done on the computer that I enjoy, it would be the great human interaction between the players. I still read the rules everynight to ASL, Advanced Third Reich, and other board games. To me they are great puzzles that I enjoy piecing together. I would love ASL to go computer with an AI. Were you aware that there is a program out there that allows one to play ASL over the net against other opponents. I think it is called VASL. If your interested I think I can dig up the link.

I don't have asl - I only have SL, but can't find the damn box frown.gif Manual was a good read from memory...I put all my boardgames into storage, got a few classics in there wink.gif

I never played anyone in SL, I just tend to buy Boardgames to fiddle around with - crazy huh. Except the soltaire WW2 squad game from Victory Games..... Well Cm will fix that up biggrin.gif

BTW I am working on a Saving Private Ryan Sound set for the CM beta demo - works really well too ! smile.gif

Will be availble from my website when I finish it.

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo! :D Oh Yeah - listen to my music too (mp3)!! :P

I went so far as to order duplicate sets for most of the modules when I heard they were going out of business. They are still un-opened and will stay that way for a long time. You should try to get a hold of ASL, it has so much depth. I would love to hold onto them and pass them along to grandchildren, wich is a long way away, when such games are only in memories. I envision people being amazed that people would actually have played such a grand game on the table-top. I also went so far as to mount my Advanced Third Reich maps over sheet-metal and adheared magnets to all the counters and mounted it on the wall. Now we veiw it as a grand strategy room. No more looking upside down at map or spilling beer all over it. Its really cool this way.

Have you ever played Axis and Allies. Pretty cool game,not much depth though. It is one game that my wife will play set in WW2. Shes not bad at it and can usually beat some of my friends, who hate losing to her.

Im looking forward to those sound sets CCJ. Sounds pretty cool.

I went so far as to order duplicate sets for most of the modules when I heard they were going out of business.

That must have cost a bit - you must really like it smile.gif These boardgames aren't cheap.

Have you ever played Axis and Allies. Pretty cool game,not much depth though. It is one game that my wife will play set in WW2. Shes not bad at it and can usually beat some of my friends, who hate losing to her.

I played it a few times at my friends place, quite fun. It reminds me an old AMiga game I used to love called STorm Across Europe, funny thing is, with all this cpu power, the Amiga game is way better! Tough AI too smile.gif

Im looking forward to those sound sets CCJ. Sounds pretty cool.

You proably heard the preview now right? It was quite difficult today - I had to go trhough the whole moview and pick and choose sound bites smile.gif It required a lot of lateral thinking, trimming words off phrases to make something that was right for CM biggrin.gif Not all the sounds are accurate, I don't think there was a.50 cailbre fire in that movie? So I just subsitute something that sounded close smile.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo! Oh Yeah - listen to my music too!