I just want to say...

Hi there

I have been lurking in this forum for some time now ( I have only made a few posts),

but I want to say I enjoy it here.

Just a few words about myself: 41 years old. have been playing wargames for about 20 years, mostly ASL.

I am the proud cofounder of no less that 2 wargaming clubs here in Copenhagen playing mostly board-wargames (read ASL), both of which still exits.

After I got kids, two sons the first some five years ago, I have not been attenting my :) clubs much.

In the last couple of years my wargaming have been on the PC, either against the system or against Email opponents - it have been and is great fun.

BUT there is one thing missing, and now I come the point.

I have been missing a chance to encounter people with the same interest as me, namely war in general and 2nd WW in particulal, people that know that war is nothing to wish for, but knows the difference between a sherman and a panther. People that reads books (!) on their favourite subjeckt, and has the abiilty to present their knowledge on the spot. This, and the eagerness to promote a good game, reminds me of the best times in the clubs.

I have just have had a resent convent (by me) beat me in a PbEm game - but I still want more (victories, please) - so look out - when THE GAME comes out - I am going to play this game by Email for a long time!

Kind regards

Morten

Copenhagen - Denmark

Guest MantaRay

Welcome again Morten. I may have to comment on the excellent grammer you seemed to have grasped and I am jealous and embarrased that we native english speakers do not do so in such a manner. biggrin.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily