Poll: Unit Preferences

I'd like to know which units most players here prefer to pick to go into battle. For example:

INFANTRY

I prefer regular American GI's for no particular reason, but are veterans or elite worth the extra points? Are Canadians really superior troops wink.gif ? How about Germans - are they better because they all come with panzerfausts like in CC2?

SUPPORT

Do mortars or howitzers give you a better blast? How do you like moving those howitzers around?

VEHICLES

Are those flamethrower carriers really hot?

ARMOR

M4, M4A1, M4A3? What's gives the best bang for thr buck?

ARTILLERY

Those heavy 155's knock'em dead, but you only get a few, and they cost a lot? Better to go with a couple of 81's instead? How about spotters versus mortars?

Guest Silesian-jaeger

German Paratroops. Best squad fire power. I never buy howitzers as on-board units. Too slow n too easy to take out. I like to buy an 81mm mortar and a larger one (105mm/150mm) if possible. I love watching Neblewerfers but they are too damn inaccurate for the price.

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

For especially close-quarter battles (ie- city fighting and lots of forests) I like the german submachinegun squads. I forget what they're called, though. They are deadly at close range with their full-auto weapons.

I'm also very partial towards any armored vehicle with 20mm cannon (Lynx, armored car, etc). Very good against soft targets and even can take out the occasional sherman with a side shot.

As for the allies, .50 cal HMG rules the open battlefield, and 105 shermans, I am learning, are very handy indeed.

daverino