Operation bug?

After winning a total victory with the allies in the "Red Devils" operation, I was looking to the After Action Report (for the 63rd time) delighting in the number of Axis casualties when I noticed a weird statement:

7 pillboxes knocked out

Though I do not doubt I, in my magnificence, might have destroyed 6 more pillboxes without even knowing it, I only remember having seen one. Not actually a pillbox, but a wooden bunker. But ok, I do not care about the name the computer wants to give it, it was only one.

Is this a Heavy Fog of War case in which 6 of my blind artillery shells knocked out a pillbox each, and they were all too far away to be seen, or it is just a bug?

The number of infantry casualties was totally ok, but the Vehicles Knocked Out one was weird indeed: 50. Ok, it might have been so, I did not count the Halftracks I brewed up. But 50 sounds a bit too high anyway.

The pillbox part is certainly wrong: there was only one, I can swear it.

Any ideas?

Reverendo

BTW, I'm using the last version of CM (which I used through the whole campaign)

Thank you Steve, glad to be back with you all.

I had some problems with mi iMac's OS that called for the use of 'extreme methods' (dynamite might not be as popular as subtle coding for killing 'bugs', but it kills them nevertheless) smile.gif

This kept me away from my computer for some time. Even though the problems with the OS were solved, I was so tired from solving them that I plainly stopped using my iMac and went by with a note book and a pen instead. If you have tried to post messages on this BBS with just a notebook and a pen, you will know the exact reason of my absence.

But it was not only that I missed CM. I actually missed you lads (do not tell others I said this, or my rugged, masculine Scotsman reputation will be ruined) It is true that you have developed the best wargame ever. It is true that your skill in gamecraft might even attract the envy of the Gods of Games. And it is true that your knowledge of WWII and all related subjects is so far unsurpassed. But what keeps me coming here and buying your games is...

...that you are all a nice lot of sound men!

Steve, if you ever happen to visit Madrid, do not hesitate and make me buy you a Guiness for all the nonsense I have posted in your realm.

By the way... does the previously discussed Pillbox issue affect my score? I took 30 casualties and left the jerries with 0 men OK, 0 vehicles OK and 0 pillboxes OK. Can I still boast of a total victory with my CM pal? (what's the point of winning if nobody knows about it? biggrin.gif )

Regards

Reverendo