Video Problem

I have been having problems with the display on the demo that I downloaded. My first was my mouse pointer not displaying. So I went online and downloaded directx7a. I was still having the same problem after that so I brought my hardware acceleration down two notches and I was able to play and see the mouse but my highest resoulution was 640X480. Does anyone have any sugestions on how to fix this.

Sytem info:

500 pentium3

64mb ram

voodoo3 video

Even though I can only get 640X480 resoulution, I think this game is great and I cant wait to get it once it comes out. I downloaded it two days ago and now I find myself staying up all night and going to work bleary eyed the next day. cool.gif

1) Make sure you do not have custom mouse pointers installed. There is some information on this subject from previous posts on this message board. Sorry, I don't have the direct link right now.

2) To reset your graphics resolution, go into your CM folder and delete the file Combat Mission BO Demo Prefs. That will reset ypur preferences and allow you to play at the resolution your video card is set for.

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS

Thanks for the welcome and the reply to my question. I dont have any custom mouse pointers installed. But I will try to reset the display options. When I had set my hw acceleration down i did get to the pick resoulution screen but my first option was 640x480. I will double check and make sure that when i knocked down the hw acceleration that it didn't inadvertantly knock my res to 640x480. I dont think that it did but I will double check it anyways.

Thanks

Guest Big Time Software

Jackel,

Make sure you have the very latest drivers installed for your video card too. And - I know it sounds strange - your mouse also. Especially if you use a Microsoft "Intellimouse" or Logitech mouse.

Charles