List of .BMP & .WAV files?

Is there a list of what each .BMP and .WAV file is? von Lucke did a nice one in listing the .BMP's for each of the infantry portraits in the "Help, they're all Tom Hanks!" thread at:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/008983.html

I've seen other snippets, but has anybody actually put together a list of them all, both .BMP's and .WAV's?

--Philistine

I was thinking of doing that, but three things were holding me back:

(1) I didn't want to do it if someone else had already done it, and (more importantly)

(2) I am insufficiently groggy and artistic to come close to identifying most of the weapons and vehicle textures by sight (particularly because they are broken up into component parts); and

(3) Many of the textures and sounds are not identifiable (by me just upon inspection) except generically: I.e. Green texture, probably for grass--darker green texture; gery texture; side of building, big explosion, bigger explosion but not as big as later one, firing sounds 1, firing sounds 2, etc.

I would assume that somewhere there is a key to the .BMP and .WAV files made by BTS or one of the people helping w/ graphics & sound. I figure that would be interesting to see.

What I may do, is just see what I can gather from already posted sources and compile it. If anybody has already done this to some extent (i.e. you mod-makers out there) I'd appreciate it if you'd E-mail me or just post it here.

Thanks.

-Philistine

[My complete lack of artistic talent keeps me from making any mods. I was looking at having this more as a way to control any mods (so I could pick and choose among competing ones and/or use already made files)-- It would still be a good thing to have for anyone out there with talent, so I'll see what I can do.]

Guest Madmatt

There is no complete list. Neither us nor BTS has one which has made some elements of the MDMP (and just working on the game in general rather difficult). You must remember that there are over 1880 separate textures.

Now that being said the members of the MDMP design team have undertaken to catalouge all the textures but are still only about 50% done. It is quite time consuming.

The sounds are relatively easier to figure out and I have a pretty good list of all the wave files currently.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-16-2000).]

Yeah, I saw all the .BMP's (whew!). What I was thinking of doing was something along the lines of:

Tiger 1: BMP's x, y, z.

Sherman: BMP's a,b,c.

Small House: BMP's e, f, g

Interface: BMP's 1,2,3

That type of thing.

I think I am singularly artistically ill-equipped to do this alone but don't mind doing the grunt work of compiling the information from posted sources & other people's limited cataloging.

WRT sound files, I was picturing more of a straight listing of .WAV's (w/ some organization--i.e. weapons sound, explosions, etc.) and also probably a cross-reference w/ Moon's translations that he posted (assuming that was OK w/ him).

I recognize this would take a great deal of work from others who actually have a clue as to what some of the files are for, so if people aren't able/willing to do some compiling on their own, no problem.

Is anyone interested in having some kind of (probably pretty limited) listing?

--Philistine

(My E-mail is in my profile)

Guest Madmatt

Unfortunately I have no list per se but several screenshots of the resource files from the Mac version. These show the file names and then an identifier that USUALLY states what the sound is. The ones I have are promarily for sound effects though and not the voices. Those lists are available in several other locations though. Let me see if I can arrange these in a postable format.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest Madmatt

Unfortunately I have no list per se but several screenshots of the resource files from the Mac version. These show the file names and then an identifier that USUALLY states what the sound is. The ones I have are primarily for sound effects though and not the voices. Those lists are available in several other locations though. Let me see if I can arrange these in a postable format.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex