Gun damaged-machine guns too?

Hi,

I have noticed that tanks with damaged guns apparently don't fire their coaxial and bow machine guns any more. Is this so? Or are they firing but it is not graphically represented?

This is important, since I have kept gun-damaged tanks in the line for the benefit of their MGs (and to serve as cannon fodder too) smile.gif . If they don't fire anymore I might as well leave them in a ditch.

Caralampio

Well if their main gun took a "death defying blow" their coaxial MGs will most likely be damaged too. Although I'm not totally sure on this. This has been brought up numerous times and it maybe one of the things addressed in the new v1.1 patch.

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Coax won't fire when Gun is listed as Damaged. Bow will as long as there are no crew casulities. If you have both you are royally screwed. This won't be changing in new patch.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is because if a crewmember is killed in CM, the bow gunner takes his place. Although it seems kind of rediculous to assume that if the main and coax guns are damaged, the bow gunner is going to leap out of his seat to go man them.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

Guest Madmatt

Coax won't fire when Gun is listed as Damaged. Bow will as long as there are no crew casulities. If you have both you are royally screwed. This won't be changing in new patch.

Details like this are being looked at for change in CM2.

Madmatt

I was thinking a lot of this issue, and it brought me to another thought:

when enemy shell penetrates the turret, what is most common damage to the tank? Damaged main gun, 1 or 2 killed crew members (loader, gunner or commander, i presume), BUT the question is: is it usual, that when turret penetration occures, engine is damaged and driver is killed too?

I'm not a tank expert, however i think that there can be times, when a tank with "knocked out turret" can still drive and fire from bow machinegun. Am i right?

Well, iirc, some other threads have pointed out that "Gun Damanged" does not necessary mean that the gun firing or breaching mechanism is physically damanaged, but the gunnery optics as well. If the gunner sight is gone, there is not way to aim and fire the gun, may be this applies to co-ax as well.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"